Tuesday, October 03, 2006

SPC: Imperfection 1

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When I first read the new topic was Imperfection, my reaction was oh boy. Then I got to thinking more about what I think of as imperfection. In a lot of ways I consider myself a perfectionist in what I do or things I may create. However, I never consider myself, as a person - perfect. Neither in my appearance, my demeanor, my speech nor my ideas. I think its great to embrace our imperfections, it is what makes us unique. I have also come to think of perfect as, slightly boring and therefore I have even less desire to strive for it.

Perfection, and imperfection are all dependant on your point of view.

Click here for more Self Portrait Challenges.

Click here to visit Planet Shannon

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Great picture! I love what you decided to go with.

Janet said...

yes I agree, perfection would be boring.

Deb R said...

Cool photo. I love those glasses!

Sacred Suzie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it Shannon! I am so with you on this one, as much as I admire the desire for perfection, I let it go a lot of the time which has made me much happier.

Neat glasses! This photo is awesome.

BZ said...

I love the weird eye thing you have going on. Nice shot, it couples nicely with your text.

Colorsonmymind said...

I like that idea. Perfection is boring isn't it?

Love the pic