Saturday, October 07, 2006

Blogging Meme

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've seen this meme from a variety of source including Melba and Diary of a Self Portrait and I've decided to play along!

1. Are you happy/satisfied with your blogs content and look?

Mostly, although there are some things I would like to change and some that are slight concerns: I would love it to be flush to the left side of the page as to not appear so column-like
I would love that if you click to a link that brings you to other page of the blog that my links of people and projects didn't disappear
I worry that its hard to read with a black background, I know at work on flatscreen it appears less readable. But I do like the black.


2.Does your family know about your blog?

The members I'm speaking to, yes.

3. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?

Embarrassed? No. I'm the writer and editor... if something gets by me that I don't want to.. actually it wouldn't get by me.
Do I consider it private? No. Its online and not password protected so... no. Although, I can be quite a private person.
Do I let my friends know about it? Depends on the friend, how I know them and how close we are.

4.Did blogging cause any positive changes in your thoughts?

From reading other's blogs sure. My own, not really. Hmmm that isn't true. I've seen things I've written or comments migrate and that feels positive, it feels like making a difference.

5. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go discover more by yourself?

Heck, no! I clicky the random thingy, search topics, look at challenge sites, look at other people's links lists. I also check in with people that post comments too. I always love to get comments!

6.What does a visitor counter mean to you? Do you like having one on your blog?

I rarely look at the number, it's pretty consistant. I like seeing how people got here, what they looked at, where they are from, if there were hits from search engines, if they left on the page they landed or ventured further. I guess that would be 'yes' I like having one. I'm a curious creature

7. Do you try to imagine your fellow bloggers or give them real pictures?

Almost everyone I check regulary has a pic. The rest I remain curious about :)

8. Admit it. Do you feel like there is a real benefit to blogging?

Of course. Expression, connection, beauty, art, ideas, reading, writing, discussion... those are all benefitial and all very blogg-y.

9. Do you think that blogger society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events?

I think blogging is to big to generalize. As with anything there are those that are isolated and those that are not. Someone you talk to everyday could be isolated and someone you never see talk at all could be very interactive.

10. Does criticism annoy you or do you think it's normal?

I don't think I've received much criticism here, which is pretty cool. I am, and I think to hang out with with folks that are more likely to solve problems then yak about what's wrong... and/or people who like to have fun. Unless its a discussion about film or gaming... then it can go on forever.. but I digress...

11.Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?

I don't 'fear' any blog. Politics are not a big interest to me atm, and if it was it would be Canadian as oppose to US and I've never seen a Canadian political blog, and I'm not interested in US ones.

12. Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?

Didn't know about that til right now, and without knowing more about it I would say Yes. I wonder what happened. I have a feeling this question relates to #12.

13.What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?

It will probably disappear or be outdated technology wise long before then. But as long as I used less paper and therefore more trees are living happy lives I'm happy.

14. What song do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to your blog?

I love music, but I don't have a song and wouldn't have one on my blog. I find them a bit odd to be honest. Do you have to purchase the rights fromt he artist to do that? 1 song can not give the atmosphere that would makes sense for all the posts I do as they can be very different energies. I also read a lot of blogs at work and would assume others do too and so I consiously rememeber who has music and only check them from home.

15. How many questions did you change in this meme?

Just one.

Feel free to be tagged on this meme if it interests you.

1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

I love the image of you for this although it's one of the more serious photos I've seen of you Shannon! It looks like blogging is having a positive impact on you although it's probably subtle, from the sound of it. I love that you have a blog, I am very grateful for it. I could probably help you out with the alignment issue if you'd like, you just need to add some code to the template. Awesome stuff Shannon! I might do this meme, whatever meme really means, LOL.