Monday, October 23, 2006

101 in 1001 Weekly Update #32/33

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We have 2 weeks of updates today! I was under the weather last week so posting was not really on the top of my list. Things like 'sleep' and 'hide under covers' trumped it.

One more completed off the list with #57 – Go to a Concert ! Very very exciting!

I have made progress on the following:

I've started the process of #38 - Keep a plant alive from ‘The Auction’ from one year to the next I'm hopeful and optimistic on that one! #67 - Floss every day for a month is still going strong for October - woohoo!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm also working on #16 - Attempt all the puzzles in a Variety Crossword puzzle book. I had bought one already and started it but I jumped around doing the puzzles I know and that wasn't my intent... I wanted to try all the ones I didn't know how to do! So I'm back at it again with my trusty green pen.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#14 - Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days, reviews up for Frankenstein and Manufactured Landscapes.

Unfortunately two I was working on have crashed and burned, at least for now:

#7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year (52 weeks straight, not necessarily Jan - Dec) continues. I got up to 15/52 with Little Miss Sunshine and then didn't make it out to anything for what would have been week 16. I think I'm going to take a break from that right now and focus on getting up the *cough* 37 outstanding *cough* reviews I have. I'm looking to try this one again in Jan 07 and possible with a strong focus on Canadian film.

85 - Be on time for a month. Oh my freaking gooodness I did not thing this would be that that. It's getting to the point of embarrassment. I think it might even be past that. 15 failed attempts, but I am not going to give up!! Day 1 of try 16 is today.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And now for our regular updates:

#21 - Save a part of every paycheque - done.

#94 - Read every day - done! Currently reading "Servant of the Empire" by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts as well as "True Balance" as part of the True Balance Group.#

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Oct 9/06 - The 3 Gorges Dam in China set to be largest in the world
Tuesday Oct 10/06 - Nuclear testing is going on in North Korea - scary
Wednesday Oct 11/06 - The Capybara is a kind of rodent (see Jamie's post)
Thursday Oct 12/06 - Always, always refer to checklist even if I think I remembered everything
Friday Oct 13/06 - It's a challenge to sketch people out and about - they move a lot!
Saturday Oct 14/06 - Inevitably, I will sleep in Saturdays
Sunday Oct 15/06 - A place I thought that was rowdy on Sunday mornings is actually a gym
Monday Oct 16/06 - It's always good to read the fine print and stick to your decisions "Just sign here, it just means...." Nope, I'll read it and decide for myself what it 'just means'.
Tuesday Oct 17/06 - Reactine can have pain relief effects? (consult your dr! don't take my word for it)
Wednesday Oct 18/06 - having TV series on DVD is soooo excellent!
Thursday Oct 19/06 - types of money: bolivar (unit of money in Venezuela), dinar (unit of money in Algeria, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Yemen, Tunisia, Yugoslavia, United Arab Emirates), drachma (basic unit of money in Greece), krona (basic unit of money in Iceland and Sweden), shekel (basic unit of money in Isreal as well as a unit of measuring mass by the Ancient Bablonicans, Phoenicians, and Hebrews)
Friday Oct 20/06 - Not being in pain doesn't equal feeling ok enough to go to work
Saturday Oct 21/06 - I've been going to The Auction for 20 years or more
Sunday Oct 22/06 - Some things take to much less time than you anticipate... whenever you can do something right away instead of leaving it

For my full 101 list, look here.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, your updates are always so impressive! I can't believe how much you're getting done.

I'll be sending happy, healthy vibes to your plants! I know you can do it. They're getting great sun where you have them, so they're off to a good start :)

Good for you for starting a new puzzle book to be true to your intentions!

That's too bad your sickness knocked you off the movie wagon, but what a way to turn that frown upside down by giving yourself time for the reviews! (Did you hear Ryan Reynolds when I said that?)

And good luck on your run of being on time! You can do it :) Remember, the sooner you get it over with, the sooner you don't have to do it anymore! hehe.

Caroline said...

This was really fun to read. I've been frantic and pop-corn-ish due to workload. I've hardly posted or read at all.

I LOVE the feeling that I know all about your plant from The Auction. I feel like you three are movie stars and I'm a fan.

I want you to write sometime about saving money from each check. It seems impossible.

The thing about *cough* not meeting *cough* goals is this: you're not going for perfection, just for improvment. That's in the words of the Body for Life guy. I urge you not to put too much focus on the *cough* things not done.

Anyway, the thing I like about reading your blog is that you seem to have so much fun with life itself.