Monday, October 09, 2006

101 in 1001 Weekly Update #31

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well I haven't completed a whole.. hmm.. y'know I never know to call them. Tasks? Items? Thingies? hehe. I usually use the phrase 'it's on my 101'. So maybe, "it's" or "it's'". Regardess on the terminology, I have made progress on the following:

#14 - Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days for 3 of my #3 - My 101 Films to See List films with: Grosse Pointe Blank, The Decline of the American Empire / Le Déclin de l'empire américain and The Day the Earth Stood Still.

#7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year (52 weeks straight, not necessarily Jan - Dec) continues. For last week 14/52 the pick was Manufactured Landscapes . I just saw it today so review will be incoming sometime soon.

#67 - Floss every day for a month & hopefully forever& #85 - Be on time for a month for which I'm over a week in. Both are going strong! Being sick for 2 days made being on time less taxing as I only had to make it on time 3 times instead of 5!

#22 - Save a part of every paycheque - done.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#94 - Read every day - done! I finally finished "The Naming" by Alison Croggon (insomnia has its uses), I really enjoyed it. Now I'm on to "Servant of the Empire" by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts, which I started last winter. I am also, of course still reading "True Balance" as part of the True Balance Group.

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Oct 2/06 - I never thought I would be called eloquent
Tuesday Oct 3/06 - a site that shows detailed personal info, its actually US and was going to put the link here but I think that might not be wise.
Wednesday Oct 4/06 - It's possible to stay up for 36hrs straight
Thursday Oct 5/06 - Being at work when you aren't quite healthy yet, beside someone else who is also sick can provide a lot of amusement.
Friday Oct 6/06 - I can be persuaded with the promise of maple tarts (this was at work...)
Saturday Oct 7/06 - They have carmel flavoured cream cheese (how weird is that)
Sunday Oct 8/06 - I have the Turkey dinner thing down to a smooth system

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For my full 101 list, look here.

4 comments:

Potato Print said...

Shannon,
Good work on 67 and 22. Both are too much for me these days.

I don't know how old you are, but you remind me of myself when I was 22, 23, 24. I allowed myself so many dreams and goals, which I matched with gritty determination.

In the past years I stopped believing that it was possible to achieve them, so I stopped wanting.

Your massive energy and fierce determination and great sense of humor about yourself really inspire me to fin all of that in myself again.

Avanti!

PS: Please send a slice of that Canadian turkey to Long Island.

Jamie said...

Mmm... that turkey looks so delicious - and it was!

Congratulations on continually making strides on your 101. Especially congratulations on getting so far on your "be on time" goal because I know that one has been uber challenging. You can do it!

I better make some progress on my list too!

Sacred Suzie said...

I can see someone calling you eloquent! How wonderful.

Looks like Thanksgiving was a success and that you're a professional turkey chef. I love that shirt you're wearing, so cool.

Maple tarts sound fantastic!

melba said...

You have been busy. Good job on completing all your endevours! Glad to see you had a nice Thanksgiving.