Tuesday, September 05, 2006

SPC: With Someone 1

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I will admit, when I saw our topic for SPC this month I went: gah. I don't have many pics (recent at least) of me with other people, and not sure who I would pick. But then there I was, at Jamie's waiting for the water to boil and though, gee, I bet Bascha wouldn't mind having her picture taken with me! I did ask her, the response was "purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr", which I will take as a yes.

What does she mean to me? She is part of my family, the first cat in our family actually. She will cuddle with you... if she chooses, she is stubborn, sneaky, strong, quiet, persistent, and once she decide's your in, your in. She likes to share food.. oh I mean she likes it when you share your food with her.. with or without your permission (she actually took a bite of my sandwich once). I can pick her up to move her, but have never quite gotten a good way to hold her so usually I just say Hi with a pat.

What have I learned from her?
-Give people opportunity and they will pet you
-Play favorites but also make the rounds
-Give people a warning before you bite, claw, etc
-Be brave

She's a tough cookie with a heart of gold, aren't ya Bascha Bear?

No one said the someone had to be human :)

Click here for more Self Portrait Challenges.

Click here to visit Planet Shannon.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That is so awesome! I absolutely love the pic. I'm grinning ear to ear. And I just laughed and enjoyed what you've learned from her. Play favourites but make the rounds - how true!

I learned from her that Justin was a keeper, though I already had my suspicions ;)

Sacred Suzie said...

How beautiful! I love the image, the lighting and the moment captured is quite amazing.

Bascha is quite the teacher isn't she? I have learned from her that you can have a lot of health problems and still be strong.

I love that you chose an animal Shannon! Yay!

The Good Girl said...

Aww! I love little kitties! I'm such a goof. And actually, she looks very much like how my cat used to look before she got old(er) and fat. She is still cute though. And please note that comparing my cat to yours is the highest of compliments.