Friday, September 01, 2006

Film Fan Fridays for Friday September 1st, 2006!

Hello Film Fans and Fanatics!!!

Just four releases this week, I walked right by a preview screening of Crank and then straight into a theatre which showed a preview - uncanny? I think not! It does looks like some good action-y fun but found out way to much information by the preview. Sigh. I found the biggest news this week to be the release of the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival schedule. Time to make tea, get a highlighter and possibly some graph paper and plan plan plan!

Have a great long weekend!!

Shannon

Friday September 1, 2006 Releases

Crank
Writer/Dir: Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylor - directorial debuts
Cast: Jason Statham, Amy Smart, Dwight Yoakam
USA

Idiocracy
Writer/Dir: Mike Judge (Office Space, "Beavis and Butthead")
Cast: Luke Wilson, Maya Rudolph, Dax Shepard
USA
Limited Release

The Quiet
Dir: Jamie Babbit (But I'm a Cheerleader)
Cast: Camilla Belle, Elisha Cuthbert, Edie Falco, Martin Donovan
USA
Limited Release

The Wicker Man
Dir: Neil LaBute (The Shape of Things, Possession, Nurse Bett)
Cast: Nicolas Cage, Ellen Burstyn, Molly Parker, Frances Conroy, Molly Parker
Germany/USA

**please note this list of releases reflects first run film released in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on Sept 1, 2006**

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I was so excited to see another version of The Wickerman, unfortunately it's gotten terrible reviews!

Have you seen the original Shannon? Talk about a 70s classic!

I'm hoping to see Little Miss Sunshine this weekend, fingers crossed.

Shannon said...

The original Wicker Man is on my list but haven't seen it yet! Maybe it will show up on TV with the remake out - that tneds to happen.

I have only heard good things about Little Miss Sunshine, I really hope I make it out to see it