Monday, September 18, 2006

101 in 1001 weekly update #27/28!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We have 2 weeks worth of an update as I'm just now coming up for air after working as well as seeing film throughout the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival. It was a exciting, tiring, interesting experience. It was great to catch up with some old friends, and to see some amazing film. Reviews are incoming, I promise!! After I get some sleep, do some laundry and get some food shopping done.

101' progress:

One I've knocked completely off my list is #84 - Ask for what I want. #7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year (52 weeks straight, not necessarily Jan - Dec) has definetely been on track for this one. Hoping to catching up on #14 Write something about all the films I see (for the first time) throughout these 1001 days to be able to share about the 16 or films I've seen.

#31 - Read 1 fashion magazine a month, I've read the October issue of Lucky. The weird volume thing is definalty in effect. I never thought I would see Dolman sleeves and big belts, but I am... I am...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#22 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done! I keep on acquiring more and more books, although I can't remember the last time I finished one! I'm getting close to finishing The Artist's Way and Getting Things Done. Its so funny, they are both non-fiction, and especially with Getting Things Done, I've literally been reading it with baited breath like some kind or mystery or thriller... what will he suggest next? How do you implement this organizational systems?? Ohh... ahh...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Monday Sept 4/06 - It might be able to get everything I wanted to done before tomorrow (and I didn't)
Tuesday Sept 5/06 - The Crocodile Hunter passed away today
Wednesday Sept 6/06 - That outlook likes you type in partial names and it fills in blanks from contact list.
Thursday Sept 7/06 - Asking for what you want can lead to the results you want
Friday Sept 8/06 - You really can run into someone from High School in the oddest of places
Saturday Sept 9/06 - Mention a problem/issue to someone may lead to them solving it for you (this is brillant)
Sunday Sept 10/06 - 19 degrees in September is just mean
Monday Sept 11/06 - There is someone in the world more optimistic than I! (that I didn't know before today)
Tuesday Sept 12/06 - Being in line at 11am isn't good enough to make the breakfast cut off at Burger King :( 11:07 at the cash and I was DENIED breakkie and offered special of the day: Chicken Sandwich. Ick.
Wednesday Sept 13/06 - What Anna Paquin looks like in person!
Thursday Sept 14/06 - Being open to alternatives sometimes makes it so you don't even have to resort to them.
Friday Sept 15/06 - Chakra means 'spinning wheel'
Saturday Sept 16/06 - oh dang, I know it was something about paladins in '>WoW but I can't remember what.
Sunday Sept 17/06 - my VCR defaults to taping on SP vs SLP (grrr)

For my full 101 list, look here.

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Fascinating Shannon. Sounds like staying open doesn't necessarily require commitment to do anything different and that things might work out the way you want as long as you stay open. This is a fascinating suggestion!

I am looking forward to the reviews!

I know I'm lame but...who is Ana Paquin?

Shannon said...

Rogue from X-men films, as well as the Piano