Tuesday, August 15, 2006

SPC: Enclosed 3

Enclosed in my own fragile shell.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had a different post all ready (and probably a little more glamourous) but then I came across one of the most natural yet most powerful forces we are interact with every day: The Sun. It reminded me that we, well that I, can be a more fragile creature than I would like. Yes, I am fair skinned, yes I normally wouldn't consider being outside for a long period of time without sunblock and a hat but no, I had not had a sunburn yet this summer and therefore forgot. I will not forget again to take care of that which I am enclosed in. My skin.

Click here for more Self Portrait Challenges.

Click here to visit Planet Shannon.

8 comments:

Janet said...

Ouch, that looks so painful!

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh Shannon, how did that happen? I'm so sorry, god, that looks painful... Gentle hug to you.

Jamie said...

OMG, Shannon, that looks so painful. I hope you find some relief. Aloe is a good friend.

In addition to my heart going out to your poor skin, this is a really interesting interpretation of enclosure. Way to turn an ouch into art.

Kim Carney said...

Oh, Shannon, I feel your pain! If you gently dab white vinegar on your burn, it will help. I was a life guard in my youth, and I would bath in vinegar and water every night to take the sting out of my burns. It really does help

Tammy said...

Ouch! My heart goes out to you in your obvious pain. Great shot of misery though.

Warriorwife

Lina said...

Ouch, that must be painful. Hope you'll be better soon...
Still I like the idea of being enclosed in fragile skin.

Shannon said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words and suggestions!! My burn is lightening & healing up a little at a time :)

Georgia said...

Oh my goodnes!!!

That looks so miserable! I am so sorry. I hope that the pain dissapears soon.