Friday, August 11, 2006

Film Fan Fridays for Friday August 11, 2006!!!

Hello Film Fans and Fanatics!!!

Mixed bag this week with our releases, we have some criticially acclaimed films with Conversations with Other Women and QuinceaƱera. Family fave with Zoom and oh, what's this... a *dance* movie? Oh my!! I know what's going on my list: Step Up ! A guy friend of mine actually mentioned this one a few weeks back. I was so impressed, my love of dance movies has definately been made know!

Peeve of the Week: Going to the movies and having to endure 10 commericials, 5 previews which was 19 minutes of advertising. I feel like I should get to see something for free with all that promotion.

Delight of the Week: Stumbling upon a red carpet event. OH I should have crashed it, that's on my list!! Next time ;)

Have a great weekend!!

Shannon

Wednesday August 9, 2006 Releases

World Trade Center
Dir: Oliver Stone (Alexander, Platoon, JFK, The Doors)
Cast: Nicolas Cage, Michael Pena, Jay Hernandez, Maria Bello, Maggie Gyllenhaal
USA

Friday August 11, 2006 Releases

Conversations With Other Women
Dir: Hans Canosa (Alma Mater)
Cast: Helana Bonham Carter, Aaron Eckhar
UK / USA
Limited Release

QuinceaƱera
Dir: Richard Glatzer & Wash Westmoreland (The Fluffer)
Cast: Emily Rios, Alicia Sixtos, Jesus Castanos, Chalo Gonzales
USA
Limited Release

Step Up
Dir: Anne Fletcher - directorial debut
Cast: Jenna Dewan, Channing Tatum, Rachel Griffiths
USA

Zoom
Dir: Peter Hewitt (Garfield, Thunderpants, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey)
Cast: Tim Allen, Courteney Cox, Chevy Chase, Kevin Zegers, Kate Mara, Michael Cassidy, Ryan Newman
USA

**please note this list of releases reflects first run film released in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on Aug 11, 2006**

No comments: