Sunday, August 06, 2006

#63 - Do a 'day in the life of me' set of pictures

I'm not sure why I put this one on my list. I think maybe to show a typical day in the life of... but as I did this I really picked a random day and it wasn't typical. Lots happened, some things even linked to other parts of my 101. I guess I don't have a typical day but this is an example of what could happen on a weekday, although the chances of all of these things happening again are quite unlikely but they all occured August 1, 2006.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ah, it begins...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh my goodness I am actually going to leave on time....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Always good to pack a lunch!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The essentials for any outing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Off I go!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ah, and there is the streetcar I miss.. everyday...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the one that I catch.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

8:06 at the subway, I'll definately be on time!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Freaking broken escalator!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Baa baa follow the sheep.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

More stairs...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Woohoo - payday!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In to the air conditioned world of work.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Welcome to cubeland!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And my cube!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And my pile of lists.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Break time!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I write my morning pages on my break. Its funny how many people thing that writing = doing work. The amount of comments I get in the lunchroom like 'You're such a food worker', and I'm like - ah, I'm doing my own stuff, but thanks!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A million and one files...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

New month = new page on my calendar. Amazing the different perks you get at different jobs. Who knew a breastfeeding calendar could be one?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Have to leave early today - good thing this escalator is working.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
C'mon subway! Why you taking so long?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Weeee more escalators!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nothing says hospital like elevators and hand sanitizers! I almost didn't put this as I don't go there often so I don't really consider it and 'everyday' thing. However, I did go today so there ya go.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lucky me, empty waiting room = no wait time!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And another streetcar to take me home!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The new from the streetcar.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Waiting for another streetcar, omg what a hot day this was I felt like I was going to melt. At this point even my toes were hot.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

YAY its coming!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Doc suggested multivitiman, no time like the present!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Almost home!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Heya Beethoven. (not my decor)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Greeted by the furry one!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Must get air circulating!! Open the pod bay doors Hal, its very hot in here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Turn on the computer! An everyday activity for sure.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

38C/90F. Holy freaking moly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fan goes on full.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BOO! Full sink. I'm a stickler for not coming home to full sink but I didn't have hot water for some freak reason the day before (I swear it's true!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Need to change into something breathy-er.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Decide to have healthy snack as was reminded of such things previous today at the Doc's.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Time to work on some finances. Gotta love Excel.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pay rent.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Decide to take a break and play for a bit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Score!!! Star Trek is on, what timing!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Feed the cat.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Shiny sink!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saw on someone blog recenlty that they were doing a drawing a day, so I decided to try that.. think this was day 3.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Even in this heat I decide to make tea.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And read for a bit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And do my budget.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Talk to Mom.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Prevent dustbunnies from taking over the world. Or at least my apartment.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Make lunch for tomorrow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Make my Lughnasadh dinner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Talk to Jamie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Watch the movie Dear Frankie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lay out clothes for tomorrow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Draw a bath.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

More play time!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nighty night!

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh Shannon, I soooooooooo enjoyed this! It was so fascinating to watch your day and what happens and what you do... Thank you for sharing that! You have a very full and interesting life.

Jamie said...

OMG I totally enjoyed this. You should put all these pictures in PowerPoint and create a slide show, even set it to music! I could so recognize a bunch of the streetcar stops or subway stops. I loved the part about the streetcar you miss and the streetcar you catch. I love the picture you have on your copy holder in your cube! Thanks for sharing your day. I'm thinking about doing the same thing one day!

Shannon said...

Thank you my wonderful sisters!!! It was actually really fun to take all the pics but putting them up and resizing took a bit - it was totally worth it. That day was particularly full and I spent more time than normal on transit but some days (apparently) are like it!

I would love to see what your days are like!

I never thought about doing it as a slideshow... how interesting...