Wednesday, August 02, 2006

#100 - 1 of 8 - Celebrate Lughnasadh

Part of my 101 list is to Celebrate Ostara, Beltane, Midsummer, Lughnasadh, Mabon, Samhain, Yule & Imbolc at least once for the duration of the 1001 days. As I was greated by a lovely Lughnasagh ecard from my sister Jamie today I went "OH CRAP! I was gonna research and plan out celebrating!!" Oh course I thought it was later in the month.. opps...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I decided that even though I didn't have everything perfectly planned I was still gonna go for it and celebrate. Doing some very basic research I gathered its the celebration of the first harvest so bread is key (in 36 degrees I opted for crackers instead of toasting bread), berries as well as corn (which I had!) and things that are orange, yellow and green. Ah.. I had some success there!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yummy harvesty dinner, it also completely worked in with my trying out being vegetarian for a month! Pickles, corn, cheese, crackers, grapes, carrots, cauliflower and brocolli - oh and coldslaw too!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh course needed so snazzy candles to make it all special.

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon.

1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

You did amazing Shannon! Now that's a feast, I'm totally impressed.

I totally forgot too until I got the ecard, LOL.

Thanks for celebrating online with me, what fun!