Tuesday, July 25, 2006

SPC Me as the Birthday Woman! & Meme

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Happy Bday to me! Well was a few days ago but still yay for Bdays!!! This is a pic of me at my
Housewarming/Bday party and with a lovely mint chocolate chip ice cream cake with fudge icing (thank you Jamie!!!!!!!!). OH my it was so good... and I still have a little left lucky me!

I ran across this meme on Eliza's blog and as its Birthday-centric I figured it would be a fun double post:

1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).

Go go July 23rd fun-ness!

Events:
1. 1973 - Robert Anton Wilson, the occultist/philosopher, either achieved contact with extraterrestrials from Sirius or started a long-term period of having wild hallucinations. (I've been told I'm a Martian)
2. 1940 - US Under Secretary of State Sumner Welles`s declaration on the US non-recognition policy of the Soviet annexation and incorporation of three Baltic States - Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. (I'm Latvian)
3. 1904 - Probably the first Ice cream cone was sold at the Louisiana Purchase Exposition in St. Louis, Missouri. (LOL, Probably? what kind of info is this...)

Births:
1. 1961 - Martin Gore, English musician and songwriter (Depeche Mode)
2. 1906 - Vladimir Prelog, Croatian chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1998)

Death:
1. 1878 - Carl Freiherr von Rokitansky, Bohemian physician (b. 1804)

Holiday:
1.Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie

Click here for more Self Portrait Challenges.

Click here to visit Planet Shannon.

6 comments:

melba said...

Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!! Nice photo! :-)

Jamie said...

OMG those are awesome. I love the extraterrestrial contact/wild hallucination combo!

It was a great party! I'm so glad to have celebrated with you!

Sacred Suzie said...

OK, that cake looks unbelievably good! What a fabulous treat and I'm so happy you had fun celebrating your birthday. You had interesting things happen on your bday, the only interesting thing for me is Queen Victoria dying oh and a huge navy disaster on Vancouver Island, can you believe it?

JC said...

Happy Birthday, that looks like quite the cake.

Shannon said...

Thank you everyone for the Birthday Wishes!!!