Saturday, July 15, 2006

#26 - Have my sewing machine & serger out as well as a place to cut, draft and iron

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm counting this one done even though I have to rethread my serger before using it. It does say to have it 'out' not 'threaded' hehehe. For anyone whose threaded one you know its a very simple job, right?

Gotta love having a kitchen double as a sewing room. My inital idea was to have my sewing stuff in my front room (read: living room) but after moving in and casually glacing at all the baseboards I noticed an odd thing. 1 outlet. Biggest room in the apartment and 1 outlet. I knew it was where the computer & tv were going so that means sewing stuff needed a new home, and to the happy green kitchen it went. It isn't the first time and probably won't be the last time they've shared a space but there are quite like minded and so far are getting along a-okay.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Return to my 101 list.

Return to Planet Shannon

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Way to go Shannon! I love getting to see your space and utilizing space in your kitchen for your sewing is a fantastic idea. I see transformation in your life and it's all soooooooooooooooo good Shannon. Big hug!

Jamie said...

I think this looks awesome! Creativity in the kitchen can happen sew many ways! hehe

Sacred Suzie said...

(rolling eyes and big groan)

Good one Jamie! LOL!