Sunday, July 30, 2006

101 in 1001 update #21!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, this week has one of the funnest so far to complete cross of the list, which is #44 - Throw a housewarming party! This is one of my fave pics, floating candles in the bathtub - talk about atmo!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I finished up my monthly installment of #31 - Read 1 fashion magazine a month with reading Vogue. A lot of clothes with structure coming for the fall/winter. And the comeback of the... tunic? Oh my. Well I like it better than the flower-y, flowy, feminine-y stuff that we've had all spring. Gimme something more bold, more fun and for the love of fashion something that *isn't* throwback 80's.

I just looked at my total completed and being at 20/101 is roughtly 1/5 way through list at 1/6 way through challenge (ish) Not sure what to pick next! Well actually I have a bunch that I foresee happening in the near future and there is a lot I update regulary but.. I have to say I'm surprized I've done so much!

I sadly had an awful week trying to do # 85 - Be on time for a month. I had 2 full weeks going strong then was late every single freaking day this week ranging from 10min to 1 1/2hours (new personal record). Sigh.

Here are our regular updates:

#22 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#94 - Read every day - Currently reading "The Naming" by Alison Croggon, as well as "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron (in week 6). I've finally realized after well, lets say 2 months that reading before bed isn't working for me. I fall asleep and forget what I read and so have to re-read it again and again. I'm trying reading a bit after work with tea or after dinner with tea and that is a lot better. Sometimes reading on the deck can be nice too.

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Sunday July 23/06 - Sometimes timing just works out perfectly
Monday July 24/06 - How to resize pics (like in terms of bites). Save as a PNG file in Paint it makes them a lot smaller.
Tuesday July 25/06 - The capital city of America Samoa (in the South Pacific) is Pago Pago. Its considered a 'strategic location', doesn't really have a government.
Wednesday July 26/06 - Andorra (SW Europe b/t France & Spain) has no income taxes, no military, no disputes. Brings in tourism for skiing and duty-freeness.
Thursday July 27/06 - 47% of Angolian's (west side of South Africa) religion is classified as 'indigenous beliefs'. The country has 243 airports and a $2 billion line of credit with China.
Friday July 28/06 - A guy using Craiglists for trading started with a red paperclip and ended up with a house. He met all the people he traded with in person.
Saturday July 29/06 - My grocery store sells Endame!! (Soy beans, you boil 'em, salt 'em and then just eat the peas in the pod - yum yum!). This put me over my budget by $2 but was worth it, lol.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For my full 101 list, look here.

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I adore those floating candles in the bathtub Shannon, what an amazing idea!

You are accomplishing so much, you're so fantastic.

Do you recommend saving PNGs?

Shannon said...

Thanks Suzie!

I only used the PNG as I was posting a pic on a message board and otherwise it would have been HUGE! For blogger I just resize them when I'm typing up the post (copy/paste the link, click edit html tab, click ah....whatever the regular tab is, and resize manually).

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh OK, I wasn't sure if it was something I should consider. I didn't realize PNGs are so much smaller that way, that's good to know. Thanks Shannon!