Monday, July 24, 2006

101 in 1001 update #20!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have a HUGE thing to add, not cross off but add this week, I'm now at 3/6 of #20 Pay off my debt. I have now paid off all of my credit cards (excluding interest on the last month of the one I just paid). This one is HUGE for me, even though its not totally done yet. It wasn't easy, mostly because I wanted to spend the money on a lot of things (a couch, new clothes, a dress for my Bday, a make up consultation) and I also have never had that much money in the bank before and I wanted to save it. Ultimately I decided it felt right to do. I also had set a goal a year and a half ago to pay off all my debt by my birthday yesterday and for it felt like it was the right thing to do. I also decided to believe that it will be ok, that I'll make and save the money again - which I think is honestly a larger accomplishment than paying it off in it of itself.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are our regular updates:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#22 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - Still reading "The Naming" by Alison Croggon, I think I'm in Chapter 2, lol. I've also been reading blogs like mad as well as learning about countries of the world but more of that in the next category....

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
About 1/2 way through this week I've really been thinking about this one. Although I found that there is definately value is some of the things I've learned & discovered they aren't always inline with the intent of this one. I really wanted to learn more about the world at large, so I thought I decided to start looking at the countries of the world. There is less than 365 so I figure in a year I will know something about each of them. We'll see how it goes.
Sunday July 16/06 - Ok.. I wrote I learned a work thing this day but I don't work Sundays... Oh... I also wrote "naps are good". There we go. See the cat demostrating this fact above.
Monday July 17/06 - Work thing :)
Tuesday July 18/06 - Project Runway is showing on NBC and I missed the first episode - NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday July 19/06 - Canada has people with the follow backgrounds: 28% - British, 23% - French, 26% - mixed. That is so cool. Source is either here or here.
Thursday July 20/06 - Albania is in SE Europe and has a population of around 3million
Friday July 21/06 - Algeria has roughly the same population as Canada but is about 1/4 the size.
Saturday July 22/06 - My family and friends ROCK!! Thank you all for making my Bday and my Bday/Housewarming party and absolute blast!!!! I love you all!!!!
My bday is the 23rd, but the party was tonight so deal with the 1 day difference, k? ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For my full 101 list, look here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

OMG Shannon, you've paid off your credit card debt?! You so rock and are such an inspiration. It's something I've been working so hard towards too. It's hard going without extras but it also feels amazing to see the number come down. I still have a long way to go but you're keeping me inspired.

I'm so glad you had a great birthday!

Shannon said...

Thanks Suzie!! I still have a long way to go to (I have other kinds of debt as I'm oh-so resourseful, hehe) but this is a huge milestone for me and I'm happy it brings inspiration!

I did have a great Bday and it was great to get a chance to chat wit you on it!!!