Sunday, July 09, 2006

101 in 1001 update #18!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Its Working!!!! IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!"

My camera is talking to my computer now, isn't that fabulous! I am so happy because I was getting really down on posting as I always like to include a pic and was getting sick of using 'stock footage'. I'm so thankful to have it working now hence the oodles of pics.

Its funny, I was all ready to do a big 'Woe is me post' and now I'm over the moon so it feels wierd. But still unfortunalety I am not publishing about completed tasks, but rather 2 failed attempts. First is my attempt at #7 - See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. I was going strong with 4 weeks running but I didn't get out to anything this week, so I will be starting again. I did see the following:

Week 1 - June 6, 2006 - X-Men: The Last Stand
Week 2 - June 14, 2006 - Three Times / Zui hao de shi guang
Week 3 - June 19, 2006 - District B13 / Banlieue B13
Week 4 - June 29, 2006 - Superman Returns

The next try was #85 - Be on time for a month. I knew this one would be a bit of a stuggle as I tend to stay up late and therefore might, perchance, on occasion, miss the alarm or snooze or second snooze... I've actually tried this for 2 weeks now, no luck, here was results:

0n time
8 min late
n/a (sick)
on time
on time
n/a (stat holiday)
19 min late (eep)
on time
15 min late
on time

Yikes only on time 50% of the time... oh my.. gotta work on that. This is exactly why I put it on the list.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Since getting the camera issue solved I now have a more.. ok maybe not better but one that shows my lovely tacky formal dress better for: #58 - Go to a party. I must be giddy happy to be brave enough to post it!

Here are our regular updates:

#22 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - Again, technically I did this still working though same 2 books, The Artist's Way and Children of the Mind. Huge wrench thrown in the works as this week for the Artist Way one task is not to read. At this very moment I'm not lookin at the computer screen so technically - GAH the movie on just put up subtitles!!! NO FAIR. I don't know what to do as these tasks are in direct conflict. Grrr.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Sunday July 2/06 - Groceries are heavy - maybe I could pick them up more often and 1/week
Monday July 3/06 - How you win AV in WoW
Tuesday July 4/06 - Something at work
Wednesday July 5/06 - 8:05 is the *empty* streetcar - more incentive for #85!
Thursday July 6/06 - You can join the NFB for free!!!
Friday July 7/06 - Its almost inevitable that I'll run into someone I know at Future's
Saturday July 8/06 - A place that sells Beesting!!! $1.50 My Market Bakery in Kensington - 172 Baldwin - I am so going to be loyal customer. (see pic below - unbelieveable cookie that I haven' t had since I worked in baking classes, sugar paste cookie base with almost with sugar and I think honey on top, then baked. o.M.G!!!!!!! yummy goodness)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I have never heard of this magnificent creature "Beesting" before! OMG, it sounds and looks magnificent. I am so happy you've got your camera talking to your computer and posting more amazing posts and images Shannon! I love them all.

vern said...

What dedication you have to take on a whopping list like that! Whoa. I'd blow a fuse with a list that long. Sounds like you're having loads of fun carrying it out, too. Happy picture-taking!