Sunday Scribblings: Earliest Memory
I've been lurking around Sunday Scribblings for a few weeks, and decided to dive in this time round.
My memory on when I was younger is not very good. I'm not sure when people actually start having memories but when people talk things they did and have stories to tell I always sense a void. It could be from what what my siblings and I call "the year of hell" (although I have had 2 other years that could almost rival it .. lol), I could be blocking it out, or maybe I just literally not remember. It's ironic, as I actually have a ridiculously good memory. I remember what everyone likes on their pizza, or how I first met someone, or all the phone numbers I've ever had. And, being the youngest I do tend to hear about things that I did, and often those are reinforced by seeing pictures but the following are all things that I actually have memory of:
- I remember the crayons melting in the car door on the way to Florida (age 5 or less)
- I remember be so sad that cried for ages because I was too young to take dance like my sisters, Suzie & Jamie did (age 5)
- I remember having to take having to take "fish" level lessons twice in swimming class because I was too short to advance to the 'normal' classes (somewhere between 5-7)
- I remember my first dance recital and somehow being outside through the window and walking on gravel (age 6 - no idea why I did that)
- I rememeber taking a bunch of tests I thought were 'fun' but ended up landing me into a different school and oh joy, gave me yet another reason to be labelled 'different' (age 7)
- I remember going to a friends cottage, which lead to getting a really bad sunburn, realizing for the first time that I didn't like grapefruit juice and really disliking being anywhere strange or anywhere that I didn't know how to get home (age 7 or less)
- I remember 1 normal family dinner (age 7 or less). One.
- Fun with puzzles and numbers with Magic Squares (age 8)
- I remember telling off a bully at school, I didn't realize he was one at the time though! (age 11)
Ironically, I have no idea when this picture was taken. Although I do remember that wallpaper and exactly the feel and smell of that comforter. On top of that, I have no idea, why I was reading a French dictionary, but then again - I told you my memory of when I was young wasn't very good. ;)