Thursday, June 22, 2006

District B13 / Banlieue B13

Director: Pierre Morel - directorial debut
Writer: Luc Besson, Bibi Naceri
Cast: David Belle, Cyril Raffaelli, Dany Verissimo, Bibi Naceri, Tony D'Amario
France, 2006

Seen: June 19, 2006 at Paramount

Reason to see: I wanted to see something after work, I like films Luc Besson is involved in, I am also attempting my #7 on my 101 list: See 1 film a week in the theatre for a year. This is week 3/52.

I absolutely loved this film. I had a few choices on the table for what would make my pick this week and I am thrilled at the result. Although I will say I'm confused at the classification being "Sci-Fi". Very engaging, fun, exciting action/martial arts flick with great cast, choreography and music. Add to that witty dialogue, a pretty good story and a lot of high flying stunts its a totally winner in my book. I wish I had seen it sooner so I could see it in the theatre again.

Shannon's Overall View:
I really enjoyed it
I will most likely buy it
I highly recommend it for martials arts and action fans

Warning: Strong violence

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Another one I have never heard of, this sounds like one that me and my hubby would like! Do you think so Shannon?

Shannon said...

Absolutely. One of the reasons I like seeing things that Luc Besson (The Big Blue, The Professional, La Femme Nikita) is involved in is you don't have gender issue crap. The women in his movies are, in general, strong & intense.