Sunday, June 18, 2006

101 in 1001 Update #15!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh wow its cool to look at that pic and see a clean desk. Not that I don't like mine the way it is atm with my computer and tea and converters and such on it, hehe. Another on my 101 bit the dust this week: #45 - Throw out the wedding photo's. Yay me. I wonder which one I will do next. Until then, here are our regular updates:

#22 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - Ok, I'm reassessing this one a little bit because unless I'm bed stricken & without glasses I will read every day be it an email, the clock, a streetsign or a book. I think my intent was read something out of a book, magazine or newspaper everyday but I'm not quite just ready to commit to rephrasing it. Its also the first time something on my list is not sitting quite right. But, I am going to say done! for this week and see how it evolves now that I've said this outloud-ish. This weeks highlights:

Disposable Heroes - written by my own brother - yay Jason!! Great story in the Oct/Nov iss of Andromeda Spaceways
Children of the Mind - Orson Scott Card
Guide to Lower Blackrock Spire by Jame
The Artist Way - Julia Cameron

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Sunday June 11/06 - wiffleball is like baseball with plastic ball & bat
Monday June 12/06 - its nice to have time to do stuff in the am before work
Tuesday June 13/06 - sometimes if you don't know what you want but know you need a change, you have to try something - ANYTHING - so you can at least react to it. Reacting (good or bad) is better than being ambivalent or doing nothing (a.k.a I didn't like the haircut I got - hehe)
Wednesday June 14/06 - I hate feeling behind!
Thursday June 15/06 - What prime is in terms of banking - so its the Bank of Canada, not my own personal bank that I have a beef with on my interest rates!! 6%! o.m.G!
Friday June 16/06 - the difference between osteo (joint specific, pain & limited movement due to wore down cartilage) and rheumatoid (body wide, immune system attacking body, symmetrical reactions) arthritis
Saturday June 17/06 - Tetrapack bouillon is to be used within 4 days from opening!! OMG had no idea - guess I need to freeze 'em into ice cubes or go back to using powder.

See my full 101 in 1001 list here

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Holy cow - you rock! First of all, wtg on the wedding pics! Yay!!

You also read and learned awesome things this week. I'm totally impressed.

WTG!

Sacred Suzie said...

Shannon, that is such a big one, the wedding photos. Way to go, I know that must have been hard but it must have also felt good too.

OK, what kind of boullion is that? That's pretty darn quick expiry!

Shannon said...

Thanks so much for your support ladies!! Was a quiet week for my 101 activities but it was a good one to get done!

The boullion is the kind in the large drink'n'boxes. I thought it was crazy quick to expire it but then I though, if I made homemade soup or had a can of zoodles or something I probably wouldn't want it in fridge longer than that... anyhow I freezed it in some ziploc bags and also in an ice cube tray for if I need just a little here and there :)

Jamie said...

And you have a freezer that you can use - woohoo!

dani said...

again i love this image! the sparseness and mood remind me of a shaker style - very spartan. but cool!