Sunday, June 11, 2006

101 in 1001 Update #14!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well another week, another update! I completed another item on my list with #78 - Monitor my blood pressure for 3 months, which means we are more than 3 months in - hard to imagine. But I have been trying to do about 1 task a week and now I'm 13/101 - woohoo! I have a few more that are really within grasp but I'm having issues with my camera which I think is making me a little slacks-ville on that. Hopefully I will figure it out soon. Good news is I've really pared down the boxes and my place is starting to really feel like an apartment now!

#22 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#94 - Read every day - done! Still reading "Children of the Mind" by Orson Scott Card and the fact I'm still reading it makes me feel like I'm giving the impression its really long. It isn't just put-put-puttering along. I actually spent some time reading on my deck Saturday afternoon in the sun, was so nice.

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every day
Sunday June 4/06 - I wasn't unpacking becuase I hadn't finished painting
Monday June 5/06 - Sleep is good. Would be better to think this at 1am, instead of 7am
Tuesday June 6/06 - That I wasn't overly impressed with the latest X-Men film
Wednesday June 7/06 - I would rather leave early then be on a busy streetcar
Thursday June 8/06 - Kumquats are tarty goodness!
Friday June 9/06 - the reverse of Wed Jun 7/06, lol
Saturday June 10/06 - Where the regular (read: not organic) bananas are at the grocery store - this took 3 tries as they are nowhere near the rest of the produce!

See my full 101 in 1001 list here

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations on getting so much done! How nice to read on your deck. What a treat! I've never had a kumquat, but you're description makes me want to try one.

PS. I love the picture!

Sacred Suzie said...

Wow, I'm sure we had kumquats growing up but you know, I can't remember what they look like.

What is the picture of? I love the effect, very interesting.

Thanks for your comment on my blog Shannon, it meant so much to me. I'm also glad you like my new avatar, I finally have one I like!

Shannon said...

Kumquats are like really really really small oranges. They are about the size of a big jujub and you eat the whole thing skin and all, very tangy and sour!

The pic is of my cupboard - tea, mugs and the creative use of clear placemat+white mactak for a back splash that either me or Jamie thought up!