Friday, May 12, 2006

Film Fan Fridays for Friday May 12, 2006!!

Hello Film Fans and Fanatics!!

Holy Moly Batman, only 2 releases this week? Wowzers I wonder what is up with that! Less competition I guess as this weeks releases are total opposite ends of the spectrum. In my research I have discovered that Wolfgang Peterson is going to be the director of the film adaptation of book Ender's Game. Wow. Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that. Ender's Game is one of those books that you hope yet fear will be a film, I'm not convinced its even possible to adapt it into a film without some major changes, and I wouldn't want to change a thing.

Festival Watch:
Toronto Jewish Film Festival, continues until May 14, 2006, Toronto

CONTACT, a month long photography festival is showcasing films about photography at the NFB May 12-14, the festival itself runs until the end of May 2006, Toronto

Have a great weekend!

Shannon

Friday May 12, 2006 Releases

Just My Luck
Dir: Donald Petrie (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Miss Congeniality)
Cast: Lindsay Lohan, Chris Pine, Faizon Love, Missi Pyle
USA

Poseidon
Dir: Wolfgang Petersen (Troy, The Perfect Storm, In the Line of Fire, Das Boot)
Cast: Kurt Russell, Josh Lucas, Jacinda Barrett, Andre Braugher, Mia Maestro
USA

**please note this list of releases reflects first run film released in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on May 12, 2006**

No comments: