Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday: April Fool #3

Glasses: A retrospective...

For Self Portrait Tuesday with week I decided to look at some of my, well I wouldn't necessarily say foolish but .. well.. odd choices in glasses over the years.

Here is the first pair of 'funny' or 'crazy' glasses I picked. I was in art school at the time...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then we move to a more 'serious' look :

Image hosting by Photobucket

For some reason I thought it would be 'funny' to have this pair as they looked like a combination or sunglasses and goggles. I thought them being clear would make them not be very noticable.. lol

Image hosting by Photobucket

And for the finale, my brand new pair, funky frames with sparklies, how can a girl go wrong:


Image hosting by Photobucket

Although I'm pretty content with the fact that I can and will make pretty bold choices with my frames, I believe the moral of the story is, don't pick out frame because you think they are 'funny'. :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love this glasses retrospective! I remember you in each of those glasses very well. You do make bold choices because you're a POWerful person!

Sacred Suzie said...

I love it! What a fascinating self-portrait idea Shannon. I adore your new frames too, they're awesome. Bold choices are a good thing!