Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Rocket / Maurice Richard

Director: Charles Biname (Seraphin: Heart of Stone, Le Coeur au Poing)
Cast: Roy Dupuis, Julie LeBreton, Patrice Robitaille, Remy Girard
Canada, 2005
Languages: French, English

Seen: April 3, 2006 - sneak preview thanks to Jamie

Reason to see: sneak preview & Canadian film!

This is an excellent film, I enjoyed it from start to finish. Based on the life of French Canadian hockey player Maurice Richard this film about strength, determination and challenges. Did I mention its a drama? About hockey? With those two things going hand in hand then you know it must be Canadian, and it is. Roy Dupuis is absolutely phenomenal in the title role. I can't wait to see it again.

Shannon's Overall View:
I loved it
I will buy it
I highly reccommend it

1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

I'm impressed you saw this already Shannon! Reg will be impressed too, he really wants to go see it. Thinks it's going to be the quintessential Canadian movie. If you liked it and it's about hockey, then perhaps I'll like it too and give it a chance.