Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Photo Friday: Organized

Image hosting by Photobucket

Submission for Photo Friday, Challenge: Organized.

I organize my movies by genre. These are just a smattering of the ones I have, most are boxed up but these are the 'essentials'. After many years of the standard alpha order I decided to break the rules and go by genre.

Top shelf:
Sci-Fi Fantasy (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, X-Men)
Horror (The Crow, The Cell)
Oddball (Big Trouble in Little China, Rapid Fire, Tombraider, Hardball)
Historical/Epic (Gone with the Wind, Pearl Harbour)

Bottom Shelf:
Chick Flicks (Addicted to Love, Bridget Jones, The Craft, Gidget, Romy & Michelle, Tank Girl, etc)
Dance Movies (Centre Stage, Dance with Me, Save the Last Dance)
Musicals (Empire Records, Jesus Christ Superstar, West Side Story)

When I look at it now it looks like there is one shelf for guy movies and one for girl movies, lol. I'm not one for stereotypes like that, especially considering I amount of action/adventure films I watched as a kid. Who doesn't want to watch Full Metal Jacket on their birthday, I mean really? No wonder I don't watch war movies.

I have no idea why I still own Tombraider.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love your entry for "organized"! Your theme system makes total sense to me! That's awesome that you have a category called "oddball."