Sunday, April 30, 2006

101 in 1001 Weekly Update #8

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Measurements, layouts & paint chips - oh my!

I woke up thinking about layout of my new place, and spent Friday night with Jamie going over possible colour schemes, themes, taking room measurements and fun stuff like that. I can't believe the place is mine, well, as of tomorrow. There is so much to paint, oh my. Oh my. 5 colours to pick up, plus redoing the trim for at least 2 rooms, and 3 of the rooms need to be primed due to dark colour, pre-existing oil paint or both. Oh my. time to find the painting clothes! I've currently been pretty focused on those kinds of things and I've been a little slackerville on posting, but I have gotten some things off my list and I plan to update them for the next update! Including a bunch of movies I've seen, nothing new out in the theatres but new to me. Fun stuff!

And now for our regular updates:

#22 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

31 - Read 1 fashion magazine a month - done for April 06, read Marie Claire. Now, normally this isn't a mag I would pick in terms of fashion but it does have some good stuff. Usually when I think fashion mag, I am really talking about the biggie: Vogue. Its actually the only magazine that for me really stands out in terms of the articles, the forecasting, the in depth research and knowledge of fashion, clothes and the industry. There are other ones I like to look at the clothes (Elle, In Style), ones that are great to see what clothes look like (Lucky) and the of course the beautiful way expensive international mags that I could sit for hours in Chapters drooling over. I don't even know the names, but they are the ones that have the photos from show around the world. Absolutely divine. I don't even care if they aren't in English, the fashion speaks for itself.

#94 - Read every day
Sunday April 22/06 - The Other Bride by Lisa Bingham
Monday April 23/06 - Movie Guide from Q-RE
Tuesday April 24/06 - March issue of Cosmo
Wednesday April 25/06 - The Metro
Thursday April 26/06 - Eye, Now
Friday April 27/06 - The Metro
Saturday April 28/06 - April Issue of Marie Claire
Wow that is a pretty fluffy week of reading.

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every
Sunday April 22/06 - The are polar bear zoos, for polar bears that are repeat offenders of going into cities (thanks Vern for this info!)
Monday April 23/06 - I tend to either underestimate how long things take, or over estimate home much I can do in the course of an evening
Tuesday April 24/06 - There is a post office at Atrium on Bay (although I don't know *exactly* where it is - so I went to another one)
Wednesday April 25/06 - Keep an eye on the time during meetings, especially if they are at the end of the day!!
Thursday April 26/06 - With oodles of paint chips to choose from, it is still possible to be looking for a colour that isn't there
Friday April 27/06 - what was once the 'cheapie specail' at Cafe Diplimatico as chicken wings, fries & salad is now fish & chips and salad (they even use the same plate they used to for the fries)
Saturday April 28/06 - some days, you just aren't going to get anything off of your to do list, and that is just fine

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I continue to enjoy your learnings. I giggled at the missing paint colour one. Wtg for continuing to make progress on your list!

Sacred Suzie said...

I am amazed at your dedication to do all these things Shannon, that just rocks. I can't wait to see your new place one day. I'm glad you're having so much fun with it, I can't believe tomorrow's May! It's going to be yours so soon.