Sunday, April 23, 2006

101 in 1001 Weekly Update #7

Image hosting by Photobucket

Planning, planning, planning. That will be the name of the game for the next little while as I have accomplished #33 - Find a new apartment. This pic is of my the day I saw what will now be my new place and was about to jot down the floorplan as best to my memory. I remembered it pretty well, and was thrilled to get another chance to see it on Friday. I am so thrilled, and I am sure I will talk about it in a ridiculous amount of detail, so you've been forwarned. :) I also knocked off #15 - Analyze my spending and create a budget. Its something that right now is a bit more of a projection than a reality so I know I will have to revisit it now and again, but I have a different and what I think is a more realistic outlook on it so I'm looking forward to that. On the film end of things, which was a little lighter this week, I've seen another one of my 101 films I can't believe I haven't see, and wrote about it. Film in question is Xanadu. One of the funniest things that happened this week was I was absolutely adamant that I wanted to keep up with my reading every day but for various reasons the books I had in mind were not working so I threw the first book on my bookshelf I hadn't read and didn't care if it got wrecked, rained on, lunch leaked on, etc. I absolutely tore threw it and yes, it was, a Harlequin romance. lol.

And now for our regular updates:

#22 - Save a part of every paycheque - done!

#92 - Learn/Discover something new every
Sunday April 15/06 - Most people underjudge there monthly spending by $1,000 to $1,500 a month, regardless of there income
Monday April 16/06 - meme means : an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture. I thought it mean "Me! Me!" Thanks Jamie for clearing that up!
Tuesday April 17/06 - LRAD means Long Range Acoustic Device
Wednesday April 18/06 - I inspired a friend to create a blog!! I'm Haven :)
Thursday April 19/06 - I got my apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday April 20/06 - In my new apartment, the bedroom does not have a door, hehe
Saturday April 21/06 - I can do my taxes in 1 hr, woot!

#94 - Read every day
Sunday April 15/06 - The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze Orman
Monday April 16/06 - The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze Orman
Tuesday April 17/06 - The Other Bride by Lisa Bingham
Wednesday April 18/06 - The Other Bride by Lisa Bingham
Thursday April 19/06 - Eye, Now
Friday April 20/06 - The Other Bride by Lisa Bingham
Saturday April 21/06 - The Other Bride by Lisa Bingham

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I absolutely love reading your updates. I look forward to it each week. I can't believe how much you've done! I love seeing what you learned each week and learning along with you!

WTG on your budget and on the apartment! I can't wait to hear every detail!

Sacred Suzie said...

Awesome picture Shannon, are those your new glasses? They rock! I love getting to see you as well as hear about the amazing progress you're making. Way to go Shannon.

Shannon said...

Those are actually sunglasses I got at the auction, but I did get my new ones yesterday and I love them!!

Jamie took the pic! I don't even think I knew that until she emailed it to me! heheh! Thanks Jamie!