Thursday, March 02, 2006

Film Fan Fridays for Friday March 3, 2006

Hello Film Fans and Fanatics!!

Well, its a 2 day countdown to the Oscar's!!! That is enough time to find a pretty dress to wear and pick my picks! Well, to pick my picks for who I *want* to win. I make my predictions for who I *think* will win moments after I print off the nominations list with my handy dandy highligher in hand. Oscar's will be on this Sunday March 5, 2006 at 8pm EST.

I did get out to see and would highly recommend Metal: A Headbangers Journey. Its a fascinating look at metal music as a genre and as a culture. Some of my favorite interviews were with Dee Snider, Bruce Dickinson, Rob Zombie and Ronnie James Dio. Its currently playing in Toronto at Paramount, Empress Walk and a few other locations. To see when its coming near you, or see the trailer, check out its website.

Festival Watch:
Voices Forward, A Festival of Israeli & Palestinian Film and Culture runs March 3-5, 2006, in Toronto.

Have a great weekend!!!

Shannon

New Releases for Friday March 3, 2006

16 Blocks
Dir: Richard Donner (Timeline, Lethal Weapon 4, Conspiracy Theory)
Cast: Bruce Willis, Mos Def, David Morse, Jenna Stern
USA

Aquamarine
Dir: Elizabeth Allen (Eyeball Eddie)
Cast: Emma Roberts, Joanna 'JoJo' Levesque, Sara Paxton, Jake McDorman
USA

Dave Chappelle's Block Party
Dir: Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Human Nature)
Featuring: Dave Chappelle, Erykah Badu, Big Daddy Kane, The Roots, The Fugees
USA

Tsotsi
Dir: Gavin Hood (A Reasonable Man, The Storekeeper)
Cast: Presley Chweneyagae, Mothusi Magano, Isreal Makoe
UK/South Africa
Zulu/Xhosa/Afrikaans
Limited Release

Ultraviolet
Writer/Dir: Kurt Wimmer (Equilibrium)
Cast: Milla Jovovich, Cameron Bright, Nick Chinlund, William Fichtner
USA

**please note list of releases reflects first run film released in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on March 3, 2006**

No comments: