Friday, March 24, 2006

Film Fan Fridays for Friday March 24, 2006!

Hello Film Fans and Fanatics!!

We have 5 new releases this week one of which I felt like I already saw the whole thing during the preview, yes that is Inside Man. I find it so strange when they do that with films that obviously are built around suspense. We also have Thank You For Smoking the most shocking title I have heard in a while, even if its tongue-in-cheek. The 2 Canadian releases are These Girls as well as Niagara Motel which from the poster I really was under the impression it was a film based on the show "This Is Wonderland", which it isn't - I think that must have been the day I got my eyes checked. Yeah, that's it. Last but not least we have Stay Alive a horror film based in gaming with a tag line of "You Die In Game - You Die For Real", obviously they forgot to check with any actual gamers cuz that *should* have been "You Die In Real Life" or IRL. I mean really what noob thought that up? w/e...

I've recently decided to take on a few film challenges as a part of my 101 things to do in 1001 days. One of which includes writing about all the films I see over the 1001 days, which I've started, another is seeing the next 5 films recommended to me so if you think there is a film out there that you think I'd like, now is your chance!

Have a great weekend!

Shannon

Festival Watch:
Canadian Filmmakers Festival March 23-26, 2006 in Toronto

Releases for Friday March 24, 2006

Inside Man
Dir: Spike Lee (25th Hour, Malcolm X, Do the Right Thing, School Daze)
Cast: Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster
USA

Niagara Motel
Dir: Gary Yates (Seven Times Lucky, Without Rockets, Made for TV)
Cast: Anna Friel, Craig Ferguston, Kevin Pollak, Caroline Dhavernas
Canada
Limited

Stay Alive
Dir: William Brent Bell (Sparkle and Charm)
Cast: Jon Foster, Samaire Armstrong, Frankie Muniz, Sophia Bush
USA

Thank you for Smoking
Dir: Jason Reitman (Consent, Uncle Sam, In God We Trust)
Cast: Aaron Eckhart, William H. Macy, Maria Bello, Sam Elliott
USA
Limited

These Girls
Dir: John Hazlett (Bad Money)
Cast: Caroline Dhavernas, Amanda Walsh, Holly Lewis, David Boreanaz
Canada
Limited

**please note list of releases reflects first run film released in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for the week of March 24, 2006**

1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

Man, I gotta get out. I've only heard about that gaming movie and that line is totally stolen from the Matrix, "If you die in the Matrix, you do for real."

Funny they got a GAMING reference wrong Shannon! Of course I totally missed it but then I'm not a serious gamer like you, THEIR demographic, LOL. Good one!