Sunday, March 19, 2006

#93 (part 1) Make a list of 20 books that I want to read ...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Woohoo another list complete that I can, mark off my list! I do hope to get through this list, I was going to make it less ominous for me and be only 10 but I think 20 is doable. I've been reading less and less over the years and I find it really odd becuase there were days where I know I couldn't put down a book and now its like pulling teeth to pick one up or carry one around. Of course, I used to work in a bookstore so at that point I had an over abundance of books! Anyway hoping to get back in it and was really excited to come up with this list, a combination of fiction and non fiction, about 1/2 of which I own and many more I can get really easily. In my search I was so thrilled to see that a series I loved in the past, The Adventures of Del and Tiger by Jennifer Roberson has 2 new books that continue the series. Talk about exciting!! I'm currently reading Narnia, I figured that would be a pretty easy way to get back in the groove considering its a kid's book and I read it as a kid. My favorite quote so far is Peter saying "This looks like it will be exciting enough without pretending!", what a wonderful way to look at things.

Read: 7.5/20 see update on partial post

  1. 1984 by George Orwell
  2. The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze Orman (read)
  3. Away by Jane Urquhart
  4. The Beach (started, didn't like it)
  5. The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
  6. The DaVinci Code
  7. Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald (started, too sad for the time)
  8. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  9. How to Walk in High Heels - The Girl’s Guide to Everything by Camilla Morton (partial
  10. The Midwifery Option – A Canadian Guild to the Birth Experience by Miranda Hawkins and Sarah Knox
  11. The Mistress of the Empire by Raymond E. Feist & Janny Wurts
  12. Never Coming to a Theatre Near You by Kenneth Turan
  13. Omega by Jack Mcdevitt (in process)
  14. Oxford Guide to Plain English by Martin Cutts
  15. The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman
  16. Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
  17. Servant of the Empire by Raymond E. Feist & Janny Wurts
  18. Sword-Born and Sword-Sworn by Jennifer Roberson (will be released April 4/06)
  19. The Wealthy Barber by David Chilton (read)
  20. 1 non fiction workbook (like the Artist’s Way) - The Artist's Way, Getting Things Done, True Balance

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Shannon, I HIGHLY recommend Away by Jane Urquehart (sp?), that book truly "moved" me, LOL. Sorry, guess I'm in a silly mood but I am TRYING to be serious. Honestly, it was fantastic.

I want to read Narnia too and think that's a fantastic beginning for your reading adventures. I can't wait to hear what you think of the books you're reading. Fascinating!

I'm getting back into fiction too with the first volume of Sherlock Holmes books, they're surprisingly accessible and entertaining so far.

Have fun in Narnia!

Shannon said...

I remember selling that book so many times at the bookstore and I'm shocked I've never read it, I can't wait to see what the buzz is about :)

I'm not surprized you like Sherlock Holmes, Suzie the Spy, that is so great that its accessible and entertaining! Woohoo!