Sunday, March 12, 2006

#11 Complete! Try something I think I hate and reassess

Item under scrutiny: Tomatoes

Situation: Tomato and Cheese Bagel Sandwich

Assessment: I really wanted to like this but alas, I did not.

Tomatoes are great for you but this squishy, mushy, soggy excuse for a sandwich did not bring me joy. I can see if a tomato was cut like a green pepper will all the icky gooey-ness gone, and this was prepare freshly it *might* be somewhat enjoyable.

Moving forward into a non mushy world I go....

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations on taking a risk on tomatoes. It's unfortunate for this poor fruitable (fruit posing as veg) that they have once again failed to make the coveted "foods approved by Shannon" list. I think they try to crash this invitation-only party disguised in a sauce, but don't tell them I told you ;)

Shannon said...

hehe!!!

Ok I admit I do like them in a sauce but even them I'm very very very picky!!!! But I wish I could experience what people do when they speak of the joy of fresh tomatoes! One day....

Sacred Suzie said...

Awesome Shannon, it takes guts to eat something you don't like. I'm horrible at doing that!

I was watching a show where there was a woman who was afraid of tomatoes (alas I can't remember what that show was...) and I thought of you and how much you despise them. Well, you tried to like them one more time and it didn't take so now you can let that go but at least you tried!

Shannon said...

For sure!! One of the really funny things is another thing on my list is to try different foods, and I'm not even exactly sure of foods I haven't tried!! LOL

Carmen said...

LOL, great post!