Monday, February 20, 2006

Splat!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ok, its kinda freaking me out that most of my pics I have right now, digital ones that is, are all... nature? I don't think of myself as a nature girl but what is with these flowers and swans and grass, its all very very strange.

I like this pic, although I feel bad for the .. the.. um.. I have no idea what this is. Plant? Flower? Weed? My Mom once said that the definition of a weed is something you don't want in your garden. Well it sure looks like this fella was a weed to someone! But its so perfectly round and pretty I just can't help but like it.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love how you title your pics! This looks like an Agapanthus to me. How do I know these things? I haven't a clue. (Of course, I could be wrong and that would show that I really don't have a clue, lol)

That's funny about the pics. I find that too. I've decided I'm going to go on a downtown photo shoot and see what beautiful or interesting things I can find in city stuff.

Sacred Suzie said...

Shannon, I love that the background is like a sepia tone and the agapanthus (???) isn't. Very dramatic!

Yes, city girls, you should totally take pics in your urban environment. I totally can't wait to see what you come up with!

Shannon said...

I think its amazing that both of you know what plant/flower that is and I have no clue!!! I took that pic on the music gallery in nature ish thingy with Mom last summer when she saw the swan babies. I still am meaning to post a pic of the swans - it really was amazing. I mean you look 1 way and you see water, you look the other way and you see the city. Quite phenominal.