Sunday, February 19, 2006

The flip side to getting more sleep....

Ok, I admit it. I don't usually get a lot of sleep. Long time insomnia+someone who schedules to do to much=less sleep. We're talking 5-6hrs/night for, well... years. Except Saturday's I sleep in and oh it is such heavenly bliss.

So after being sick of hearing myself complain that I'm tired and being not very coherent for a good chunk of the early part of the day I though I would try and be sensible and go to bed earlier. All set to be happy dappy and chipper and energitic and all that jazz .. until...

I had completely forgotten that more sleep means I'm more likely to remember my dreams. Before this week I can't remember the last dream I remember and now, wow. Lots. And well, they are kinda scary! And freaking me out! Which isn't part of the whole 'happy dappy more energy' plan when I wake up freaked out after having dreams of floating in the air or walking along the edge of a very high building or (this one is kinda funny) marrying a zombie/ghoul or vampire whom already had 2 ghoul children. I mean come on!! What the hell!! Where are the dreams of like.. I dunno sunshine & daisies? I dunno... just seems kinda freaky to me!! Maybe more sleep isn't all its cracked up to be!

No comments: